Divorce is expensive. Complex divorces are even more expensive. Every phone call, email, meeting, court appearance, pleading, and piece of discovery requires time and work, and will end up on your bill. Of course you want the very best representation, and we are happy to provide the very best experience for you. That being said, we are mindful that legal fees can become a tremendous financial burden and we are committed to being responsible stewards of your retainer.
To that end, here are some tips to maximize the value of your time:
- Get Your Documents Together. Depending on what your legal needs are, we will require various documents to support your case. For example, divorce cases will require tax records, pay stubs, health insurance documentation, bank statements, etc. For custody disputes, we will need records pertaining to the health and wellbeing of the kids. Enforcement cases will require proof of the violation, which may be in the form of Child Support Payment Records, incident reports, etc. Whatever it is that supports your case, we will need copies of. The more organized you are with your documents, the less time it will take us to sort through them.
- Effective Communication. We are here to answer your questions and provide guidance. We know that this process is likely foreign, and that the emotional dynamics make the process even more overwhelming. If you take time to process your questions and concerns, we can make the most out of our emails, phone calls, and in-person meetings. While we are happy to answer any questions you may have, the most cost-effective way to get your questions answered is to address them in as few meetings, emails, or phone calls as possible.
- Tell the Truth. The more we know about your situation, the better we can protect your interests. We need to know the truth about what is going on with your situation, especially when it is difficult to be honest. By being up-front about your issues - from infidelity, to drug or alcohol use, etc.- we can manage information and try to avoid complicated messes in the future. The truth will come out, but the more honest you are with us, the easier it is for us to manage.
- Email > Phone. Most days, our attorneys are in court. While we cannot take phone calls during court proceedings, we are generally able to respond to emails within the day. Our team is in constant communication in order to provide you with the attention you deserve.
- Avail yourself of our Staff. Get to know our friendly and experienced staff. Our paralegals and legal assistants will be able to provide you with case updates, scheduling matters, and discovery.
We are honored to serve you and your family during this time of change. With your cooperation, we will be able to provide you with the very best representation in the most cost-efficient manner.